Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Like lions we...wish to soar.

I couldn't help but notice...
The murky glass ceiling that prevents us from seeing the stars that aren't there,
The leaves on that tree growing indoors, how it changes with the seasons.
The cockroach amidst the oranges, heading for me and my solo,
The waiter, who's only as good as the manager if he's gay.
Those eyes like drawn out dragonflies, and a heartbeat translucent as its wings
Comes a still frame, with the contours of a blond chardonnay
So dry I tasted the kiss of unkissed lips,
A night without socks is a night without bowling,
A night with a guest list is the one night we decide to go nameless.
Love comes and lovers go,
Good times stay and heartbreaks follow.
Pride won't let us look back
But we're too proud to move forward, too proud to let go,
Just terrified of the fear that makes us vulnerable.
And sometimes...I just can't help but notice why that is.

No comments: