Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sharks vs Wolves (14-1)











Apparently, sports are a big part of Taiwan's past time - soccer (or 'football'), baseball (he-who-shall-not-be-named because blogger is a METS fan), basketball, and rugby even. Hockey? Not so much. But it was very exciting to learn that they even play hockey here and their games are free to watch.


The arena that it takes place in makes the MSG look like cow dung, but the small bleacher section that is devoted to this icy spectacle IS cow dung. No, really. Picture school gymnasium with the players changing behind metal bleachers that only take up one side of the rink. The announcers share the 'booth' space with the penalty boxes, keep track of scores on a laptop that plays intermission music along with a mic to personally vocalize the buzzer at the end of each period...

Not to mention I also saw him blatantly pick his ass. There was no home team so I decided to root for the Sharks (green) because...well, because I like green and it seemed like they were the cuter team. But they lost, 14-1. Yes. Embarrassing as it was, we stuck with it til the end only to prove that this is why Connie never gambles.

Afterwards, a few of my co-workers brought me to one of their regular Sunday night hangouts - Carnegie's. A laid back rockish joint that could use a jukebox or two, and most definitely a live rock band. From what they tell me though, the place turns into a complete whorehouse on Wednesdays, where foreigners feast on Taiwanese locals. And without further ado, meet some of my co-workers la....



Marcus, "Hammie, can I have your cherry?"


Hammie, "Oh yes, of course!"



Alastir, "Did you just...?!?!"


Trent, "You badass bro."



Marcus, "...am I?...



I like the way it popped in my mouth."



Alastir, "Show me, you bastard. Like this?"



James, "I like little boys!"


Alastir, "Or like..."


James, "Um...."



James, "I like little boys! "

Marcus (sighs), "Yes James, we know."


Trent, "Wow."


`

No comments: